12.18.2012

Giving Handmade

This week I am spending finishing up handmade presents for the kids...while they are still in school {and therefore can actually accomplish something...in secret}.  Every year I make something handmade...past years have included quilts,  hand puppets, a rag doll,  a caddy for books to hang on the bunk bed & the list goes on and on.  I almost always wait to long to get started, but I love this tradition.  how much thought, preparation and work goes into each gift.  And that my kids still appreciate it...we are getting nearer to those teenage years after all {12 year old boys are almost impossible to craft for, by the way}

For my youngest I am working on a jungle themed quiet book {he's almost 1 1/2}
...more posts on this later, but here is a hint of what is going to be like, super simple & all felt

My 2nd son {7 yrs} is getting a fort kit, similar to this one .  I love, LOVE that almost everything that I am using I had on hand to reuse or recycle. {a post coming up on this too}

Now, the older two {son, 12 and daughter, 10} are a little more difficult...we'll have to see just exactly what I come up with for them.  I have a few ideas floating around :)

Are you making gifts this year?  If not {and you can somehow find the time this last week before Christmas} give it a try--everyone loves handmade :)

No comments: